Fill in the blanks with the words in the word bank on the right. Use each word only once.
1. Petroleum is called a
because it was made from marine plants and animals hundreds of millions of years ago.
2. Another name for petroleum is
3. We can’t make more petroleum in a short time, so we say it is a
4. Some oil is underground; we drill
to find it.
5. Some oil is under the ocean; we use oil
to reach it and pump it to the surface.
6. We move petroleum by
7. After we pump petroleum from the ground, we send it to a
where some is made into
41 percent of the oil we use from other countries.
9. Burning petroleum products can cause air