Looking for more great stuff for kids? Visit Energy Kids by the U.S. Energy Information Administration.
U.S. Energy Geography
Interactive maps showing where energy resources are located in the United States and other general energy-related information.
Use the Teacher Guide for activity ideas.
- Population by State
- Total Energy Consumption by State
- U.S. Energy Expenditures by State
- U.S. Electric Power Generation
- U.S. Power Plants (Note: Powerplant locations are plotted by county, locations are approximate.)
- U.S. Coal Basins
- U.S. Coal Consumption by state
- U.S. Coal Production by state
- U.S. Natural Gas Production by state
- U.S. Natural Gas Consumption by state
- U.S. Crude Oil Production by state
- U.S. Oil and Gas Exploration
- U.S. Major Natural Gas Basins
- U.S. Major Uranium Reserves
- U.S. Nuclear Power Reactors, 2009
- Percentage of Total Electric Power Generation from Nuclear Energy
- Biomass (from NREL)
- Solar (from NREL)
- U.S. Wind Resources (from NREL)
- U.S. Wind Generation by State
- U.S. Net Generation from Hydroelectric
- U.S. Hydroelectric Power, as a Percentage of Total Electricity Production
- U.S. Geothermal Resources (from NREL)
Energy in Virginia Poster
Through a grant from Dominion, NEED and the Science Museum of Virginia partnered to design and deliver Energy in Virginia to Virginia’s teachers and students. The new curriculum module adds Virginia information and energy data to NEED’s energy materials and includes a new learning map of Virginia’s energy infrastructure, lessons and activities, and new exhibits at the Science Museum of Virginia in Richmond, VA.