What Will You Receive?
- An energizing and fun day of learning at no cost to you or your school
- Breakfast & lunch
- Substitute reimbursement
- Over $1,000 of classroom energy kits and curriculum
- ESP Energy Fair in a Box materials
- Opportunities for Educational School Energy Audits with our Energy Manager
- Standards aligned curriculum (Illinois, Next Gen, Etc)
- ISBE CPDU hours
- Mini-grants, access to STEM professionals and more!
7:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
Check-In; Begin Pre-Assessment, Meet your Fellow Participants
7:45 a.m. Workshop begins with ESP Bingo – Learn about the ESP program and make friends in this fun activity!
8:15 a.m. Welcome from ESP Partners and Leadership Team
8:30 a.m. Science of Energy
Investigate the forms of energy and energy transformations using the Science of Energy kit.
10:00 a.m. It’s Electric!
Investigate the basics of electricity, electricity generation in your state, and how energy transmission is managed.
11:30 a.m. Lunch and Speaker
12:15 p.m. Nuclear 101
12:45 p.m. Exploring Nuclear
Activities help teachers and students understand and investigate the basics of nuclear energy.
1:45 p.m. ESP Program Overview
Understand ESP program resources – Energy Audits, ESP Energy Fairs, and more!
2:15 p.m. Energy Efficiency and Audits – Your students ‘audit’ enjoy this!
Discuss the opportunity for energy audits in the program and gain some insight into efficiency and conservation in the classroom.
2:45 p.m. Signing Up for Opportunities, Selecting Kits and Curriculum for the Classroom
3:00 p.m. Q&A, Next Steps and Adjourn