Register today! Support from National Grid provides:
- Free workshop registration
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Substitute reimbursement
- Energy Curriculum and Hands-On Kit
- Rhode Island standards aligned curriculum
- Helpful information about Rhode Island’s Energy Efficiency resources
Who should attend?
- K-12 Teachers (science, technology, social studies, math and more)
- Afterschool program leaders working with students in energy, environment, STEM programming and Pre-Service Teachers.
8:00 a.m. Registration, Pre-Assessment & Breakfast
8:15 a.m. Welcome
Introduction to NEED, Website, NEED Curriculum
8:30 a.m. Science of Energy
10:00 a.m. Sources of Energy – Energy Round Up
10:30 a.m. Renewable Energy 101
10:45 a.m. Renewable Round Robin
A little of sun, wind and water!
11:45 p.m. Lunch and Learn
- Learn about National Grid’s Innovation Hub as a location for school trips
- Understand how energy efficiency can help with costs related to baseload and peak demand
- Learn about Rhode Island’s national leadership in energy efficiency
- Why should I care about EE? Why does my utility care about EE?
- Learn about National Grid Energy Efficiency Programs that are available for schools, and residential homes
12:45 p.m. Baseload Balance
This activity demonstrates how electricity supply is transmitted on the electric grid to consumers. It explores the differences between baseload and peak demand power, and how power companies maintain supply to ensure customers have power as they need it.
1:15 p.m. Energy Efficiency Basics
1:30 p.m. Monitoring and Measuring Energy Use at Home and at School
Explore energy use at home and at school. Learn the science behind energy efficiency and simple ways to reduce energy use and energy cost at home and at school.
2:15 p.m. NEED Resources and Paperwork!
Complete post-assessment, evaluations and order forms for NEED materials. Distribution of substitute reimbursement forms.
2:30 p.m. Adjourn