This Workshop is for Louisiana Educators Only
- FREE to attend, thanks to Energy Office support!
- $50 in teaching supplies pre-workshop
- Science of Energy Kit delivered post-workshop
- Virtual teaching tips and creative ideas
- Louisiana standards aligned curriculum
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- K-5th grade educators
- 6th – 12th grade science teachers
- CTE Teachers
- Extracurricular/Afterschool/Club Leaders
8:45 a.m. Registration & Sign-In
9:00 a.m. Welcome & Expectations with a fun introductory game!
9:30 a.m. Science of Energy
10:30 a.m. Candy Collector & Forms to Sources
11:00 a.m. Energy & Language Arts
11:45 a.m. Lunch & Wellness break
12:05 p.m. Electric Connections & Louisiana’s Electrical Picture
12: 30 p.m. Renewable
- Solar Ovens
- Wind Can Do Work
1:30 p.m. Understanding Energy Efficiency & Conservation
- The Energy I Used Today
- Conservation in the Round & Mini @home scavenger audit.
2:00 p.m. Exploring NEED Website and Distance and Virtual Learning Tips
2:30 pm. Wrap-up
- NEED website
- NEED curriculum packet
- Evaluation & Post-test
2:45 p.m. Adjourn