This workshop is for Kentucky Teachers Only!
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- K-12 Science Teachers in public, private and parochial schools
- Student Energy Team Sponsors
- Non-formal educators who teach about energy
FOR THE ATTENDEES:
- It’s FREE
- Substitute Reimbursement
- NEED Curriculum Packet
- NEED Resources for the classroom
- Each school/district represented will receive NEED’s Science of energy kit, a $300 value.
Space is limited and registration will close
10 days prior to event.
Contact Karen Reagor at email@example.com or call 859-802-2024
8:30 a.m. Pre-Assessment
8:45 a.m. Zoom Check-in
9:00 a.m. Welcome to the Workshop
9:30 a.m. Forms of Energy and Transformations: Science of Energy Kit
10:45 a.m. Renewable and Nonrenewable Energy Sources: Candy Collector
11:15 a.m. Explore NEED Website and Distance Learning Opportunities
12:00 p.m. Lunch Break
12:45 p.m. Electricity: Circuit Activity
1:30 p.m. Energy Efficiency and Conservation Activities
2:45 p.m. Q & A, Evaluation, Post-Assessment, Kit Orders
3:00 p.m. Adjourn
NOTE: Materials needed for the workshop will be shipped directly to the registered participants via UPS.