This workshop is for Rhode Island educators only!
Who should attend?
- K-12 Teachers (science, technology, social studies, math and more)
- Afterschool program leaders working with students in energy, environment, STEM programming and Pre-Service
Support from National Grid provides:
- Free workshop registration
- Energy Curriculum and Hands-On Kits
- Rhode Island standards aligned curriculum
- Helpful information about Rhode Island’s Energy Efficiency resources
8:45 a.m. Log In and Pre-Assessment
9:00 a.m. Welcome
Meet your fellow participants and the sponsors of today’s workshop. Review goals and objectives for the workshop and begin planning ways to use the NEED materials and training in your school. Review Zoom details and meet fellow participants in Break-Out Sessions.
9:15 a.m. Science of Energy
Learn more about the forms of energy while experimenting with the NEED Project’s Science of Energy kit.
9:30 a.m. Science of Energy Breakout Sessions
10:30 a.m. Quick Break
10:40 a.m. Rhode Island Energy Picture & Rhode Island Electric Connections
11:00 a.m. Renewable Energy 101
11:15 a.m. Wellness and Lunch Break
12:00 p.m. Renewable Round Robin
A little of sun, wind and water!
1:30 p.m. Energy Efficiency Basics
1:45 p.m. Monitoring and Measuring Energy Use at Home and at School
Explore energy use at home and at school. Learn the science behind energy efficiency and simple ways to reduce energy use and energy cost at home and at school.