Who Should Attend?
• 4th – 12th Science Teachers
• Student Energy Team Sponsors
• Non-formal educators who teach about energy
For The Attendees:
• It’s FREE
• Substitute Reimbursement
• NEED Curriculum Packet
• NEED Resources for the classroom
• Each school/district represented by 2 or more teachers will receive NEED’s Science of energy kit, a $300 value.
8:30 a.m. Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. Welcome and Expectations
9:10 a.m. The Science of Energy
Learn more about the forms of energy and energy transformations while experimenting with the Science of Energy kit.
10:45 a.m. Candy Collector & Electric Connections
These activities will teach about renewable and nonrenewable sources and how long they last and the economics of electricity generation.
11:45 a.m. Lunch
12:45 p.m. Understanding Energy Efficiency and Conservation
1:00 p.m. Energy House Activity
2:15 p.m. News and Resources from OEP
2:45 p.m. Exploring the NEED Website
3:15 p.m. Q&A and Wrap Up Paperwork
3:30 p.m. Adjourn