WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- 4th – 12th Grade Science Teachers
- CTE Teachers
- Math Teachers
- Social Science Teachers
- Afterschool program leaders
FOR THE ATTENDEES:
- It’s FREE
- Substitute Reimbursement for weekdays/Stipend for Saturdays
- A NEED Science of Energy Kit
- State standard aligned curriculum
8:45 a.m. Registration Sign In
9:00 a.m. Welcome to the Workshop!
9:30 a.m. The Science of Energy
Learn more about the forms of energy and energy transformations while experimenting with the Science of Energy kit. Take a quick pre-workshop assessment.
10:30 a.m. Candy Collector & Electric Connections
These activities will teach about renewable and nonrenewable sources and how long they last and the economics of electricity generation.
11:15 a.m. Phillips 66 Speaker and Q & A
11:45 a.m. Wellness Break and Lunch
12:15 p.m. Exploring Oil & Gas
Learn about exploration, production, refining, chemical manufacturing, transportation, marketing, and uses of petroleum, natural gas, and their products in the industrial sector.
- Refining Maze
- Petroleum Ponder
1:15 p.m. Exploring Carbon Capture Utilization and Storage
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Demo
1:40 p.m. Careers in the Industry
- Who Am I? – Oil & Gas Career Round Up
- Energy Careers Excursions
2:10 p.m. About the NEED Website and Curriculum Packet
2:40 p.m. Wrap Up Q & A and Survey Links
3:00 p.m. Adjourn