Applications Accepted on a Rolling Basis
What Is Energizing Student Potential Program?
Energizing Student Potential Program is “STEM project-based,” combining classroom activities with a school energy audit by students, a student-run energy fair and an energy-focused STEM challenge. Exelon Foundation and Delmarva Power, in partnership with the National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project offer this STEM-focused energy program for grades 3 – 8 in their respective communities. Already in place in Exelon communities in Illinois (ComEd), Philadelphia (PECO), and Washington, D.C. (Pepco), the program has reached hundreds of thousands of students and hundreds of schools and teachers. We are pleased to bring this program to our Delmarva Power communities as well.
Energizing Student Potential is a collaborative educational initiative designed to empower students to explore opportunities in STEM fields and help them discover their own path to innovation through a variety of classroom subjects. ESP is designed to help educators bring energy into the school and to provide all the tools and resources necessary for students and educators to learn together, explore energy together, and teach their local communities about energy while learning about energy careers as well. Teacher Training Workshops on a variety of energy topics – including the Science of Energy, Forms and Transformations, Energy Sources, Electricity, Transportation, Climate Science, Energy Efficiency and Energy Careers.
- Teacher selected kits and classroom curriculum valued at $1,000.
- Mini-grants of up to $400 available via application to support additional ESP supplies or resources for the classroom.
- An ESP Energy Fair kit for students to create an Energy Fair to share their knowledge with each other and the local community.
- Resources for direct to student content – YouTube and Instagram Live sessions that connect to an ESP content area – electricity, solar, wind, efficiency, nuclear, as well as links to energy videos, virtual tours and more.
- Student Energy Team Trainings for small group of students (clubs) with NEED’s Certified Energy Manager and other staff on managing energy use in the school (and in the home) Topics can include general energy, energy efficiency, engineering, and more.
- Opportunities to request Exelon volunteers to chat with students to learn more about energy careers.
- Exelon-wide Energy Innovation Challenge for students to “opt in” for participation within a class or individually.
ESP Login Site
ESP Program Welcome & Details PowerPoint
Exelon Innovation Challenge Sign Up (Coming Soon)
Optional opportunity to apply for the ESP Mini-Grant
Optional opportunity to apply for an Energy Fair Box
Energy Fair Box – What’s Inside? and Handouts Included
Energy Fair Planning Tips (PPT) – NOTE: The Energy Fair is optional and may be virtually adapted
Educational Energy Audit Sign Up (Optional – Coming Soon)
What is an Energy Audit? (PowerPoint) & Virtual Energy Audit Option (PDF)
Teacher Evaluation – Available Spring 2024
Student Evaluation – Available Spring 2024
Final Project Guidelines – Create a few slides, short video with a link, or PDF of your students engaged in the ESP Program and email to email@example.com
NEED Curriculum Guides – Science of Energy, Solar, Wind, Oil and Natural Gas, Nuclear, Energy Management, and MORE!