NEED’s Annual Youth Energy Conference and Awards
2023 Event Dates
Saturday, June 24 – Tuesday, June 27
2023 Youth Energy Conference and Awards Agenda (PDF)
Teacher Response Form – Due May 14, 2023
Once you complete this form, we will send you the registration links for your attendees. We recommend completing this form ASAP!
Attendee registration deadline: May 26th
Please email Francine Martin (email@example.com) with any questions about registration or call the NEED Office at 1-800-875-5029.
2023 Registration Includes*
- All sessions
- Lodging at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City Saturday, June 24th – Tuesday, June 27th with the opportunity to extend your stay for additional touring time
- Transportation to/from Reagan National Airport
- Meals including Saturday Dinner; Sunday Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner; Monday Breakfast; Tuesday Breakfast
- Old Towne Trolley Tour of Washington D.C.
- Spirit of Washington Dinner Cruise on the Potomac River
- Certificate of Recognition
- Fun Giveaways
- Chances to win prizes throughout the event
- All the supplies for the Energy Challenge
*We are unable to offer a la carte options.
|Single Occupancy Registration
Attendee will have an individual hotel room. Teachers/Group Leader will provide roomlist to NEED.
|Double Occupancy Registration
Two people sharing one hotel room. Both occupants MUST be registered for the conference. NEED will not pair individuals. Teachers/Group Leader will provide roomlist to NEED.
|Triple/Quad Occupancy Registration
Three/four people sharing one hotel room. All occupants MUST be registered for the conference. NEED will not pair individuals. Teachers/Group Leader will provide roomlist to NEED.
All registration fees are due to The NEED Project by June 12, 2023.
On or before June 12, 2023 100% refund less $75 administrative fee
After June 12, 2023 No Refund
Hotel reservations can be extended. NEED’s conference rate for lodging (one night before and one night after) is $189 plus tax for single/double occupancy and $214 plus tax for triple/quad occupancy.
Each year, NEED compiles a list of the best places to visit and eat while you enjoy touring/free time during the Youth Energy Conference & Awards! We are currently working on 2023, but you can view 2022’s list here!
The deadline to apply to be on the 2023 Youth Staff was December 15th. Applications for 2024 Youth Staff will open this July.
You may review the 2023 application PDF to get a feel of the application requirements and process.
1. Actively participate in the planning and implementation of NEED workshops, in-services, conferences or programs and be involved in NEED in the classroom or in afterschool programs.
2. Have an interest in science and energy and a willingness to work hard, learn, and work within a team of highly qualified students and adult mentors.
3. Be at least age 13 at the time the Youth Awards Program is hosted in Washington, D.C. (by June of the event year)
4. Be able and willing to travel from to and from Washington D.C. unaccompanied via airplane or train. Although we encourage parent involvement with the NEED Program, the ability to function without parental supervision is a key element in the successful development of leadership skills as part of NEED. Students whom parents deem too young or immature to travel and participate alone, should delay application until such time they are able to attend, participate, and travel without supervision.
5. Represent NEED with professionalism, honesty, and commitment.