The ComEd Future Energy Workforce Scholarship is designed to support the next generation of innovators. This application is different than some scholarship applications because we want to hear more about your ideas for innovation and clean energy solutions that address the challenges present within the energy sector and how those ideas address creating resilient and sustainable communities.
By 2030, ComEd is committed to:
- providing power that eliminates air pollution in the Northern Illinois region
- enabling the transformation of 2 million commercial and passenger vehicles to electric in order to reduce air pollution by 25% in environmental justice communities
- uplifting customers and communities by investing $10B to empower customers and nonprofits to advance equitable communities; and
- strengthening the grid to adapt and mitigate climate change impacts by safely integrate the distribution of clean energy
These goals are important to ComEd and influence our strategy and decisions. Though we believe these goals are possible, the industry must overcome some challenges or face opportunities to ensure reliable, clean and equitable distribution of power.
In 500 words or fewer, please select from one of these below and share: why is this topic important, how your education or career path align with a solution, and how you believe a solution will help create a more resilient, sustainable and equitable Illinois.
- Ensuring the grid has the capability that enable reliable distribution of power in the face of climate change
- Ensuring a diverse workforce to support growth of capabilities within the industry
- Ensuring the grid can support the integration of renewable energy
- Ensuring residential and commercial customer play a role in building a clean energy future
- Other – select a challenge or opportunity of your choice