Who Should Attend?
• 4th – 12th Science Teachers
• Student Energy Team Sponsors
• Non-formal educators who teach about energy
For The Attendees:
• It’s FREE
• NEED Curriculum Packet
• NEED Resources for the classroom.
• Choice of a NEED Science of Energy Kit or NEED Solar Kit for attending teachers.
Call or email Wendi Moss at 1-800-875-5029 or Wmoss@need.org.
8:30 a.m. Registration.
8:45 a.m. Welcome and Expectations
9:00 a.m. The Science of Energy
Learn more about the forms of energy and energy transformations while experimenting with the Science of Energy kit.
10:10 a.m. Candy Collector and Electric Connections
11:30 a.m. Lunch and Speaker
12:15 p.m. Sidekick Circuits and Microgrids
1:00 p.m. Solar 101
• UV Beads
• PV Cell
• Solar Oven
2:00 p.m. Understanding Energy Efficiency and Conservation
2:10 p.m. Energy House Activity
3:10 p.m. Exploring the NEED Website
3:25 p.m. Q&A and Wrap Up Paperwork
3:45 p.m. Adjourn