2019-2020 Energy Programs for Teachers and Students
National Fuel’s fuel for thought education programs have expanded to bring more opportunities to teachers and students in National Fuel’s New York service area. National Fuel’s fuel for thought energy education programs are a collaboration between National Fuel and the National Energy Education Development (NEED) Project. The programs are designed to bring schools and afterschool programs great curriculum resources, kits and training aligned to New York standards. Openings are available for up to 80 schools to participate in the 2019-2020 program.
- Opportunity to select a National Fuel Teacher Workshop with breakfast, lunch, substitute reimbursement (or stipend) provided. Workshops are planned for late October/early November.
- Been involved for 3+ Years? A special National Fuel Veteran Teacher Experience will be offered!
- National Fuel Community Energy Fair Grants and Kits for schools taking the extra step to share energy knowledge with their local school community.
- Select from hands-on kits including Science of Energy, Oil and Natural Gas, Climate Science, and more! Receive Home Energy Kits for each student too!
- Schedule an Educational Energy Audit visit with one of NEED’s Certified Energy Managers to help students and teachers learn more about their school building and how they can reduce energy use at school and at home! Schools signing up for an Audit get the new NEED School Energy Managers kit of energy measurement and assessment tools.
- Specialty opportunity to join a pilot of NEED’s PartnerProgram, KiloWatch, to take your school energy efficiency programs to an even deeper level.
- Schools submit a final Powerpoint or Video of their school year program in May. Projects are reviewed for awards.
- National Fuel for Thought Program Timeline
- Home Energy Kit Curriculum, Managing Home Energy Use Guide
- What is an Educational Energy Audit? (PPT)
- Energy Fair in a Box – What’s Inside
- Sign-up here to schedule an Energy Audit, requesting of Home Kits, and/or an Energy Fair
Fuel for Thought Workshops:
November 13, 2019 – Buffalo, NY
December 7, 2019 – Buffalo, NY